Are you looking to purchase a new soundbar? Whether you’re looking for an upgrade from your current setup or want to add some extra oomph to your home theater experience, two top contenders stand out: the Sony HT-A7000 and the Sonos Arc.
We’ve compared their features and performance to help you choose which one best suits your needs.
After this Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc comparison, you will know which soundbar is better for you.
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Introduction
The Sony HT-A7000 is a powered sound bar/wireless music system that features Dolby Atmos®, Apple AirPlay® 2, and more.
The Sonos Arc is a premium wireless soundbar with immersive audio technology such as Dolby Atmos 3D presentation and dialogue enhancement.
Both soundbars have powerful speakers and bass modules, so you can enjoy clear, crisp sounds while watching movies or listening to music.
It’s up to you to choose which soundbar is best for you since each one has distinctive qualities that set it apart from the competition.
Sony HT-A7000 Overview
The Sony HT-A7000 is an exceptional soundbar that offers a powerful and immersive cinematic audio experience.
It features Bluetooth 5.0, optical-audio input, analog audio input (stereo mini), USB type A, and file compatibility with various media sources.
With its Vertical Surround Engine and S-Force PRO Front Surround technology, the HT-A7000 produces a detailed sound field for an impressive virtual surround sound experience.
Its well-balanced sound accurately portrays frequencies from low to high, creating a rich and dynamic listening experience.
The Sony HT-A7000 is an excellent option for anyone looking to upgrade their home entertainment system, even though it comes at a premium price.
Sony HT-A7000 Pros And Cons
The Sony HT-A7000 is an excellent soundbar option that offers a variety of features and performance.
The pros and cons of owning this soundbar are as follows:
- Supports Bluetooth, has two HDMI inputs for stereo sound
- Comes with an inbuilt subwoofer for deeper bass response
- Amazing music and movie sound
- Full, robust sound support for all audio formats
- Powerful virtual surround tech with carefully tuned drivers
- LED screen can easily change the volume
- Great build quality
- Measures the width and height of the room to optimize the soundbar’s acoustic delivery
- Really pricey compared to competitors
- Unlike some other sound bars, you need optional rear speakers to get good performance
- Additional cost for surround speaker and subwoofer
- LED Display is small
Sony HT-A7000 Bulleted List Of Key Features
- This state-of-the-art soundbar boasts 7.1.2 channels and up-firing speakers for maximum audio immersion. It also features two beam tweeters and five front speakers for a wider surround sound experience.
- The HT-A7000 also comes with Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS:X support, so you can enjoy your favorite content in full surround sound.
- The Sound Field Optimization feature measures the width and height of the room to optimize the acoustic delivery of this soundbar.
- With its unique Vertical Surround Engine, S-Force Pro Front Surround, and 360 Reality Audio technologies, the HT-A7000 provides an incredibly immersive audio experience that makes it hard to believe you’re not at a movie theater!
- With Alexa and Google Assistant support, you can control your entertainment hands-free.
- With its size of 51.25 x 3.25 x 5.63, it is perfect for any living space or home theater setup.
Sonos Arc Overview
The Sonos Arc is a top-of-the-line soundbar that offers an unparalleled home theatre experience.
Featuring Dolby Atmos and Apple Airplay 2, the Arc delivers an immersive sound and crystal-clear dialogue.
With its powerful subwoofer and two rear surround speakers, the Arc provides 360° of audio for an incredibly realistic listening experience.
The Sonos app makes it easy to control your music from anywhere in your home.
The Sonos Arc offers an elegant and stylish design perfect for any home theater setup.
Whether streaming movies, playing music, or gaming, you can enjoy a fantastic soundscape with the Sonos Arc.
Sonos Arc Pros And Cons
Here are some of the significant pros and cons of the Sonos Arc:
- Sleek and stylish design
- Phenomenal music playback and seamless integration with the Sonos ecosystem.
- Immersive Dolby Atmos home theater sound full of depth and detail.
- Ability to create a two-room Sonos system with ease.
- Compact and stylish design with no need for supplementary speakers or subwoofers.
- Minimal audio latency
- Expensive price tag.
- Compression artifacts at max volume.
- Music could be better projected.
- Some rival soundbars have weightier output.
- Only a single HDMI input.
Sonos Arc Key Features
- The Sonos Arc is a premium soundbar that makes watching TV, movies, and listening to music an immersive experience.
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity
- With Dolby Atmos surround sound, the Sonos Arc provides a spacious 3D experience to feel sound all around you.
- The Sonos Arc comes with 5.0.2 channels with three tweeters and eight elliptical woofers for powerful audio.
- It supports connections through HDMI, optical, and ethernet with eARC and Dolby Atmos, Dolby True HD, and Dolby Digital+ support for surround format.
- The Arc also has Trueplay™ Tuning, which automatically adjusts the sound output to the shape of your room, as well as Night Sound, which flattens dynamics and reduces bass for when you don’t want to wake the rest of the house.
- Stream your favorite services from the Sonos app, Apple AirPlay 2, or Alexa when the TV is off for easy access to music, radio, and podcasts.
- Sonos Arc offers an impressive audio experience with its Speech Enhancement feature. This feature boosts frequencies associated with dialogue, making it easier to hear and understand what is being said without turning up the volume.
- With the Sonos app, you can customize your sound experience to your preferences with just a few taps on the screen. The app allows you to adjust bass, treble, and loudness levels for a truly unique listening experience.
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Design
Comparing the Sony HT-A7000 and the Sonos Arc in terms of design, both soundbars offer a premium build and excellent sound performance.
The HT-A7000 has more ports and can act as an HDMI hub if you have multiple devices, while the Sonos Arc only has one HDMI port.
However, the Sonos features a 5.0.2 setup with a better soundstage, center, and separation than the HT-A7000.
The Sonos Arc is also smaller than the Sony HT-A7000, making it more aesthetically pleasing for those looking for a compact solution.
The Sonos Arc is 45 inches wide, while the Sony HT-A7000 is 51.25 inches wide. However, the most significant difference comes with weight.
The Sonos Arc is considerably lighter than the Sony HT-A7000, with the Sonos Arc only weighing 13.78 lbs and the Sony HT-A7000 weighing considerably more at 19 lbs.
Regarding colors, the Sony HT-A7000 is only available in black, while the Sonos Arc is available in either black or white.
The choice of which is best for you ultimately comes down to personal preference. Both will offer excellent sound quality and a sleek design that will look great in any room.
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Sound
With its ultra-modern design, self-powered subwoofer, and Atmos-enabled side-firing speakers, the Arc is an excellent choice for a truly immersive home theater experience.
Its optional rear speakers will take your audio experience to the next level.
The Sony HT-A7000 also offers excellent sound performance, but the Arc has an edge with its advanced technology.
And with its incredible integration with your TV, you can be sure you’ll get top-quality sound without any effort.
So if you’re looking for an unforgettable surround sound experience, the Sonos Arc is worth considering!
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Features
In terms of features, we would have to give the edge to Sony HT-A7000, as Sony supports a wider variety of audio formats.
The Sony HT-A7000 supports the following formats:
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital plus
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Atmos
- Dolby Dual mono
- DTS HD High-Resolution Audio
- DTS HD Master Audio
- DTS ES
- DTS 96/24
The Sonos Arc supports the following audio formats:
- Dolby Digital
- Dolby Digital Plus
- Dolby TrueHD
- Dolby Atmos
- 5.1 PCM
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Apps
Anyone looking to get the most from their soundbar should download the Sonos S2 app.
With it, you can easily adjust bass, treble, and loudness and control the soundbar with your voice using Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
The app also offers immersive Dolby Atmos interpretation due to its superb onboard audio processing.
As if that weren’t enough, the Sonos S2 app allows you to create a multi-room experience using Apple AirPlay 2 and Spotify.
In short, this powerful and intuitive app gives you unprecedented control over your soundbar—far more than Sony can offer.
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Connectivity
It has two HDMI ports and one HDMI eARC, so you can easily hook up multiple devices.
Plus, its size and shape can fit into almost any setup – perfect for modern living spaces.
The HT-A7000 also acts as an HDMI hub, so you don’t have to worry about using multiple cables.
On the other hand, the Sonos Arc is better suited for smaller rooms and has just one HDMI port.
It also only has Wi-Fi as a connectivity option, with no Bluetooth option available.
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Pricing
The Sony HT-A7000 and the Sonos Arc are great soundbar options, but the two differ significantly in pricing.
The standalone Sony HT-A7000 is priced at around $1200, making it a relatively costly option for those looking for a decent-sounding soundbar.
The standalone Sonos Arc is slightly cheaper, coming in at about $850.
Therefore, if you’re looking for a good quality soundbar on a budget, then the Sonos Arc might be your best bet.
Sony HT-A7000 vs. Sonos Arc: Verdict
The Sony HT-A7000 is an excellent choice for an immersive sound experience.
It has more features and better connectivity options than the Sonos Arc, making it an ideal choice for home entertainment.
It comes with a remote and voice control options with Alexa and Google Assistant and can be used as an HDMI hub if you have multiple devices or want to hook the soundbar up to gaming consoles or blu ray players.
Plus, it’s larger than the Sonos Arc, so it’s perfect for larger rooms or those who prefer a bigger soundbar.
With all these features, you’ll surely get a fantastic audio experience with the Sony HT-A7000.
When it comes to sound, the Sonos Arc provides a superior experience compared to the Sony HT-A7000.
The Arc features Dolby Atmos and superior soundstage width and precision for a more immersive audio experience.
While the Sony HT-A7000 may have more ports and can act as an HDMI hub for multiple devices, the Sonos Arc is still the better choice regarding sound.
The Sony HT-A7000 may perform similarly in terms of height and precision, but the Sonos Arc is definitely superior in this regard.
So if you’re looking for a premium sound experience, go with the Sonos Arc.
Is The Sonos Arc Or The Sonos Beam Better?
The Sonos Arc is the higher-end offering and has a wider soundstage than the Beam (Gen 2), making it better suited for larger spaces.
The Arc also has more speakers and audio functionality, so it’s more expensive than the Beam.
If you’re on a budget, the Beam (Gen 2) is an excellent option as it’s smaller, more compact, and still delivers exceptional sound quality.
It also has several features, such as voice control, streaming music services, and multi-room listening.
The Sonos Ray is the most affordable option in the range and comes with many of the same features as the Beam but without some of its advanced audio capabilities.
Ultimately, your decision should come down to price and space – if you have a larger room or can stretch your budget, then the Arc might be best for you.
Otherwise, the Beam (Gen 2) will still give you excellent sound quality at a lower price.
How Many Watts Does The Sony HT-A7000 Have?
The Sony HT-A7000 is an incredibly powerful 7.1.2ch 500W Dolby Atmos Sound Bar with DTS:X and 360 Spatial Sound Mapping, making it the perfect addition to your home theater setup.
With its built-in S-Master HX Digital Amplifier, the HT-A7000 delivers an impressive 500 watts of peak power across its 11 hidden speaker drivers, providing you with a wide surround sound experience.
Does The Sonos Arc Have Bluetooth Functionality?
No, the Sonos Arc does not have Bluetooth functionality.
This soundbar runs exclusively on Sonos’ S2 platform and can only be connected to other devices through Wi-Fi or Ethernet streaming.
Is The Sony HT-A7000 Worth The Higher Price?
If you have the budget to spare and want a sound bar with superb audio quality, then the HT-A7000 is worth considering.
However, if you’re on a tighter budget, there are other options available that will still provide quality audio performance at a lower cost.